- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing2100 S. Opdyke Rd.
Pontiac, MI 48341, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 36.0378||-1.3722||-3.67%|
|OPEN = 36.67||HIGH = 36.85||LOW = 35.8|
Latest Financial News
Bidness Etc - 7 hours ago
Latest Company News
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:32:48 -0700
MONTREAL - Bombardier Aerospace president and CEO Guy Hachey is retiring after six years in the post amid a restructuring of operations at aerospace that will result in the layoff of 1,800 employees.
- Chevrolet Silverado (2008 CY produced-56,210)
- GMC Sierra (2008 CY Produced-20,491)
- 2008 CY Production Total – 76,701
- 2008 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 Motor Trend Truck of the Year
- 2007 Make a Wish Outstanding Contribution Award
- 2006 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2006 through 2008 Awarded Stream Leaders Certificates of Appreciation
- 2006 Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen Award
- 2005 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
Pontiac Assembly Center was built in 1972 for the production of medium-duty trucks and became part of the Truck & Bus Group ten years later. In 1985, when medium-duty production was consolidated with heavy-duty production at our sister plant - Pontiac Central - we shut down to begin the major renovations necessary for a then-new full-size pickup program.
Additional floor space of 712,000 square feet, including a second floor paint facility, was added. Production of the full size pickups began in Decemer 1986.