- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing2100 S. Opdyke Rd.
Pontiac, MI 48341, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 31.05||+0.32||+1.04%|
|OPEN = 30.81||HIGH = 31.295||LOW = 30.64|
Latest Financial News
Reuters - Dec 15, 2014
Latest Company News
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 07:16:33 -0800
Shares of some top autos companies are up at 10 a.m.: Ford Motor Co. rose $.09 or .6 percent, to $14.18. General Motors Co. rose $.06 or .2 percent, to $30.79. Honda Motor Co. rose $.68 or 2.4 percent, ...
- Chevrolet Silverado (2008 CY produced-56,210)
- GMC Sierra (2008 CY Produced-20,491)
- 2008 CY Production Total – 76,701
- 2008 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 Motor Trend Truck of the Year
- 2007 Make a Wish Outstanding Contribution Award
- 2006 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2006 through 2008 Awarded Stream Leaders Certificates of Appreciation
- 2006 Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen Award
- 2005 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
Pontiac Assembly Center was built in 1972 for the production of medium-duty trucks and became part of the Truck & Bus Group ten years later. In 1985, when medium-duty production was consolidated with heavy-duty production at our sister plant - Pontiac Central - we shut down to begin the major renovations necessary for a then-new full-size pickup program.
Additional floor space of 712,000 square feet, including a second floor paint facility, was added. Production of the full size pickups began in Decemer 1986.