- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing2100 S. Opdyke Rd.
Pontiac, MI 48341, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 33.98||+0.01||+0.03%|
|OPEN = 33.89||HIGH = 34.09||LOW = 33.8|
Latest Financial News
ABC News - 16 hours ago
Latest Company News
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 03:40:44 -0700
General Motors Corp is aiming to sell 100,000 of its flagship Cadillac sedans by 2015 in China, rising from roughly 50,000 last year, as the U.S. car giant taps rising demand in the world's largest auto market. "Cadillac's growth is on the launch of new products. This year, we will launch another significant product and next year, we will launch another," Matt Tsien, GM's China chief, said ...
- Chevrolet Silverado (2008 CY produced-56,210)
- GMC Sierra (2008 CY Produced-20,491)
- 2008 CY Production Total – 76,701
- 2008 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 Motor Trend Truck of the Year
- 2007 Make a Wish Outstanding Contribution Award
- 2006 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2006 through 2008 Awarded Stream Leaders Certificates of Appreciation
- 2006 Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen Award
- 2005 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
Pontiac Assembly Center was built in 1972 for the production of medium-duty trucks and became part of the Truck & Bus Group ten years later. In 1985, when medium-duty production was consolidated with heavy-duty production at our sister plant - Pontiac Central - we shut down to begin the major renovations necessary for a then-new full-size pickup program.
Additional floor space of 712,000 square feet, including a second floor paint facility, was added. Production of the full size pickups began in Decemer 1986.