- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing2100 S. Opdyke Rd.
Pontiac, MI 48341, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 34.39||+0.16||+0.47%|
|OPEN = 34.36||HIGH = 34.61||LOW = 34.102|
Latest Financial News
New York Times - 12 hours ago
GM seeks US court protection against ignition lawsuits - Reuters
Latest Company News
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 06:11:35 -0700
GM is under investigation by U.S. safety regulators, Congress and the U.S. Department of Justice for why it did not catch the faulty part for over a decade. GM said on Wednesday that owners of 2008-2011 models subject to the recall, which has affected 2.6 million vehicles, will receive a letter in early May confirming their inclusion in the recall. Another letter alerting them when replacement ...
- Chevrolet Silverado (2008 CY produced-56,210)
- GMC Sierra (2008 CY Produced-20,491)
- 2008 CY Production Total – 76,701
- 2008 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2007 Motor Trend Truck of the Year
- 2007 Make a Wish Outstanding Contribution Award
- 2006 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
- 2006 through 2008 Awarded Stream Leaders Certificates of Appreciation
- 2006 Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen Award
- 2005 J. D Power IQS "Best in Segment" Winner
Pontiac Assembly Center was built in 1972 for the production of medium-duty trucks and became part of the Truck & Bus Group ten years later. In 1985, when medium-duty production was consolidated with heavy-duty production at our sister plant - Pontiac Central - we shut down to begin the major renovations necessary for a then-new full-size pickup program.
Additional floor space of 712,000 square feet, including a second floor paint facility, was added. Production of the full size pickups began in Decemer 1986.