- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
GMPT Spring Hill
General Motors Powertrain100 Saturn Pkwy.
Spring Hill, TN 37174-2492, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 33.97||0.00||0.00%|
|OPEN = 0||HIGH = 0||LOW = 0|
Latest Financial News
Motley Fool - Apr 15, 2014
Latest Company News
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 03:00:00 -0700
Until now, one of the most perplexing questions in the General Motors scandal is why the storied manufacturer waited more than a decade to recall 1.6 million compact cars with faulty ignition switches that contributed to more than a dozen deaths across the country. GM CEO Mary T. Barra testified to members of Congress two weeks ago that while she couldn’t answer that or other troubling questions ...
- Ecotec2.0-liter Turbocharged Direct Injection 4-Cylinder Engines
- Ecotec 2.4-liter MPFI 4-Cylinder Engines
- Ecotec 2.4-liter Direct Injection 4-cylinder Engines
$58 million invested since 2007 to support upgrades to the 2.4L engine for E85 capability; production of the New 2.0L Turbo w/direct injection for 100% export to Europe, (first application is the new Opel Insignia, recently announced as the European Car of the Year in its class); and upgrades to 2.4L engine for direct injection technology: greater horsepower, greater fuel economy, and cleaner emissions.
$690 million in 2007 for Chevrolet Traverse readiness and new paint shop
- 2007 Uptime Magazine's Best Vibration Analysis Award - Powertrain
- 2007 Harbour Report - Most Productive Engine Plant, ION best in segment
- 2007 Chairman's Honors Award - Powertrain Harbour Report and Material E-flex Pilot
- 2008 Maury Alliance Industry of the Year Award
- 2008 Excellence in Manufacturing Award - Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- 2009 Wildlife Habitat Certification - Wildlife Habitat Council
- 2010 Ecotec 2.4 L Direct Injection Four-Cylinder Engine Awarded Ward's North American "10 Best Engines"
- Tennessee Pollution Prevention Program - Performer Status
- 1988 - Topping-out ceremonies for Powertrain plant - first building on site, housing a foundry, transmission and engine manufacturing operations
- 1989 - First Saturn 1.9-liter engine produced in the Powertrain facility
- July 30, 1990 - The first Saturn - a red SL Sedan - rolled off the line in Assembly
- 2000 - Spring Hill breaks ground for new Powertrain building which will produce the global Ecotec 4-cylinder engine
- August 29, 2002 - Last Saturn S-series rolls off the line
- 2002 - Production of Ecotec engine for Saturn VUE and ION begins in Spring Hill
- October 3, 2003 - Spring Hill produces 3 millionth vehicle
- 2003 - In the final year of production, Saturn transmission operations were cited as the most improved transmission plant in productivity on the 2003 Harbour Report
- June 26, 2004 - National Contract ratified by UAW Local 1853
- 2005 - Spring Hill Powertrain begins shipping Ecotec 4-cylinder engines to China
- 2006 - Spring Hill Powertrain launches Ecotec 2.0L Turbocharged Direct Injection Engine
- March 28, 2007 - Last Saturn ION rolled off the line
- March 30, 2007 - Last Saturn VUE rolled off the line
- April 1, 2007 - Conversion to new Traverse production facility begins
- 2007 - Spring Hill Powertrain named "Most Efficient Engine Plant in North America" on 2007Harbour Report
- September 2, 2008 - Production of Chevy Traverse begins
- October 3, 2008 - Celebration of the launch of the Chevy Traverse
- 2008 - Spring Hill Powertrain begins shipping Ecotec 2.0L Turbocharged Direct Injection Engines to Europe
- 2009 - Spring Hill Powertrain launches Directed Injected 2.4L Engine
- September 2009 - Spring Hill produces the 2,000,000th Ecotec Engine
- 2010 - Ecotec 2.4 L Direct Injection Four-Cylinder Engine Awarded Ward's North American "10Best Engines"
The GM - Spring Hill Manufacturing Facility is located in Spring Hill, a growing community located 40 miles south of Nashville. The plant lies within the borders of Maury County.
Since 1989, the team members of the GM Spring Hill Powertrain Plant have built over 4.5 million engines. Currently, the Powertrain Plant produces three variants of the Ecotec brand engine: The LAF DI engine - a direct inject version of the 2.4L Ecotec, is found in the Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Buick LaCrosse, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Captiva (Mexico) and Daewoo Alpheon (Korea) . The Ecotec 2.0L DI Turbo is found in the Opel Insignia (Europe), Buick LaCrosse (China), Saab (Sweeden), and Buick Regal. The Ecotec 2.4L MPFI engines are shipped to Korea for the Captiva and Antara.
The Stamping Plant ships almost 100,000 parts to seven assembly plants weekly:
- Lansing Delta Township (Chevy Traverse , GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)
- Fairfax (Chevy Malibu / Buick Lacrosse)
- Wentzville (Chevy Express / GMC Savana Vans)
- Arlington (Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Tahoe, GMC Yukon)
- Marion (For sub-assemblies)
- Shreveport (blanks)
- Oshawa (starting 2nd quarter 2010-Buick Regal)
The Components Plant ships interior and exterior molded parts as well as molded and painted fascias to tier one suppliers that provide and sequence parts to Lansing Delta Township for the Chevy Traverse.