- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain3100 Dryden Rd.
Moraine, OH 45439, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 33.98||+0.01||+0.03%|
|OPEN = 33.89||HIGH = 34.09||LOW = 33.8|
Latest Financial News
Fortune (blog) - Apr 16, 2014
GM's recalled Cobalt was a failure from the start - CNNMoney
Latest Company News
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:43:38 -0700
By Julia Edwards and Eric Beech WASHINGTON (Reuters) - General Motors says that cars being recalled because of faulty ignition switches can be driven safely before repairs, based on more than 80 tests, but the automaker has not addressed a problem long known to potentially shut off the engine: a simple bump from a driver's knee. Safety advocates and engineers say the lack of testing for this ...
- 2001 & 2002 Ward's Automotive 10 Best Engines
- Bureau of Workman's Compensation (Ohio) Safety Award
- Featured in Popular Science Magazine's 2001 "Best of What's New" Products for 2001
- Main bearing profiles changed to enhance oil film thickness
- Oil pump flow increased for more pressure at low speeds
- A revised turbocharger oil circuit for increased pressure at the turbo and faster oil delivery
- Connecting rod pin ends modified to provide increased piston support
- New, higher-strength piston design
- A new fuel injection system - capable of operating on ASTM grade B20 biodiesel - ensures more precise fuel delivery, improving emission performance
- An EGR cooler bypass (LML only) reduces high-mileage soot deposits in the cooler and EGR circuit
- Covered by GM's five-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
- The Duramax 6.6L's diesel particulate regeneration system features a downstream injector that supplies fuel for the regeneration process. This greatly reduces potential oil dilution, important with using biodiesel. Downstream injection saves fuel and works better with B20 than in-cylinder post injection.