- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain3100 Dryden Rd.
Moraine, OH 45439, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - General Motors Powertrain
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 39.706885
Longitude = -84.224099
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 30.04||-0.89||-2.88%|
|OPEN = 31.03||HIGH = 31.28||LOW = 29.98|
Latest Financial News
Why Southwest Airlines Co, AT&T Inc., and General Motors Company Are ...
Investorplace.com - Oct 23, 2014
Investorplace.com - Oct 23, 2014
Earnings season came to Wall Street's aid on Thursday, as the stock market rose for the fifth time in six sessions. Several major blue-chip bellwethers of American industry, after reporting strong quarters, helped to reassure investors that economic ...
Latest Company News
Most active New York Stock Exchange-traded stocks
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:35:21 -0700
A look at New York Stock Exchange 10 most-active stocks at the close of trading: AT&T Inc. rose .6 percent to $33.87 with 28,797,000 shares traded. Bank of America Corp. rose .7 percent to $16.72 with ...
This company is not affiliated with another location
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
IUE-CWA Local 755
Duramax 6.6-liter V8 Diesel Engines
Start of Production
584,000 sq. ft.
- 2001 & 2002 Ward's Automotive 10 Best Engines
- Bureau of Workman's Compensation (Ohio) Safety Award
- Featured in Popular Science Magazine's 2001 "Best of What's New" Products for 2001
In the DMAX joint venture with Isuzu Motors Ltd., GM owns 60 percent and Isuzu 40 percent. The award-winning Duramax 6.6-liter V-8 is a four-valve high pressure common rail direct injection diesel currently equipped with a diesel particulate filter to meet the stringent 2010 emissions requirements. The award-winning Duramax 6.6-liter V-8 is a four-valve high pressure common rail direct injection diesel currently equipped with a diesel particulate filter to meet the stringent 2010 emissions requirements. Available in GM's Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy-duty pickups, the engine delivers a segment-leading 397 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 765 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm – an improvement of 32 horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque over last year’s engine. The Duramax is also available in GM's full-size vans, Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana.
New 2011 Duramax Diesel Features
- Main bearing profiles changed to enhance oil film thickness
- Oil pump flow increased for more pressure at low speeds
- A revised turbocharger oil circuit for increased pressure at the turbo and faster oil delivery
- Connecting rod pin ends modified to provide increased piston support
- New, higher-strength piston design
- A new fuel injection system - capable of operating on ASTM grade B20 biodiesel - ensures more precise fuel delivery, improving emission performance
- An EGR cooler bypass (LML only) reduces high-mileage soot deposits in the cooler and EGR circuit
- Covered by GM's five-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
- The Duramax 6.6L's diesel particulate regeneration system features a downstream injector that supplies fuel for the regeneration process. This greatly reduces potential oil dilution, important with using biodiesel. Downstream injection saves fuel and works better with B20 than in-cylinder post injection.
Estimates by National Biodiesel Board indicate about 700 million gallons of the fuel were produced in 2008 - up from about 500,000 gallons in 1999. Market fluctuations caused production to decrease in 2009, but it expected to rise with more mandates and the availability of approved vehicles, such as the 2011 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy-duty trucks.
Towing Capacity & Fuel Efficiency
The more powerful 6.6L Duramax is also more fuel-efficient - up to 11-percent greater highway fuel economy than the outgoing model - reduces NOx emissions by up to 63 percent and helps enable greater towing ratings. Silverado 3500HD equipped with a fifth wheel hitch can tow up to 20,000 pounds. The increased fuel efficiency, combined with a new, 36-gallon fuel tank, provides up to 680 miles of highway driving between fill-ups.
The Duramax History of Durability
With nearly 1.3 million Duramax diesel engines put into operation since its launch in 2000, no other automaker has as much diesel engine development experience for meeting the demands of the heavy-duty truck customer.