- Facility / Union Locator
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain3100 Dryden Rd.
Moraine, OH 45439, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 29.11||-0.10||N/A|
|OPEN = 29.38||HIGH = 29.71||LOW = 29.02|
Latest Financial News
Business Insider - Sep 2, 2015
Latest Company News
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:13:36 -0800
By Edward Taylor and Jan Schwartz GENEVA (Reuters) - The main talking point at this week's Geneva car show is likely to be a vehicle that may never be built: the Apple car. The world's automakers will gather in the Swiss city to tout their latest minivans, city cars and sport utility vehicles against an uncertain market backdrop, with growing signs of recovery in Europe offset by slowing demand ...
- 2001 & 2002 Ward's Automotive 10 Best Engines
- Bureau of Workman's Compensation (Ohio) Safety Award
- Featured in Popular Science Magazine's 2001 "Best of What's New" Products for 2001
- Main bearing profiles changed to enhance oil film thickness
- Oil pump flow increased for more pressure at low speeds
- A revised turbocharger oil circuit for increased pressure at the turbo and faster oil delivery
- Connecting rod pin ends modified to provide increased piston support
- New, higher-strength piston design
- A new fuel injection system - capable of operating on ASTM grade B20 biodiesel - ensures more precise fuel delivery, improving emission performance
- An EGR cooler bypass (LML only) reduces high-mileage soot deposits in the cooler and EGR circuit
- Covered by GM's five-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
- The Duramax 6.6L's diesel particulate regeneration system features a downstream injector that supplies fuel for the regeneration process. This greatly reduces potential oil dilution, important with using biodiesel. Downstream injection saves fuel and works better with B20 than in-cylinder post injection.