- Facility / Union Locator
- Local News
- General Motors
GMPT Romulus Engine
General Motors Powertrain36880 Ecorse Rd.
Romulus, MI 48174, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18063
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 42.252132
Longitude = -83.401772
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 34.94||-0.09||-0.26%|
|OPEN = 35.35||HIGH = 35.46||LOW = 34.91|
Latest Financial News
Trump Presidency Poses Risks For General Motors
Seeking Alpha - 15 hours ago
Seeking Alpha - 15 hours ago
General Motors (NYSE:GM) continues to be one of America's most iconic companies. The Company's reputation is larger than its $52 billion market cap, is down 2% in the past year and is the 266th largest market cap of any public company. Since November ...
Latest Company News
General Motors - The New York Times
General Motors Corporation financial and business news, updates, and
information from The New York Times and other leading providers.
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
- 4.3L V-6 (2009 CY produced – 54,237)
- Gen IV V-8 (2009 CY produced – 280,961)
Recent Major Investments
2006 - $50 million for several program upgrades
1.4 Million sq. ft.
- 2010: Gold Achievement award by the American Heart Association recognizing Romulus Engine for promoting employee health and fitness (also awarded in 2009)
- 2010: Occupational Excellence Achievement Award – National Safety Council
- 2009: Neighborhood Environmental Partners Program Award (also awarded in 2008)
- 2009: Clean Corporate Citizen Longevity Award (over 5 years in program)
- 2009: Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partner (MBP3)
- 2009: Quality Management System Assessment Recertified (TS 16949)
- 2008: Recertified Environmental Management System ISO 14001
- 2008: Wildlife Habitat Council "Wildlife at Work" Certification
- 1976: Started production for GM Detroit Diesel Engine Division
- 1986: Acquired by Chevrolet-Pontiac-Canada Group and began producing the 4.3L V6 gasoline engine.
- 1992: Selected to produce GM's third generation of V8 engines (Gen III)
- 1996: Started production of Gen III V-8 engines for C-5 Corvette
- 1998: Started production of Gen III V-8 engines for GMT-800 Trucks
- 2004: Began launch of Gen IV V8 engines (Active Fuel Management) for GMT-300 Trucks, while maintaining current production levels.
- 2005: Began conversion from cast iron to aluminum on one V8 block line, while maintaining current production levels.
- 2006: Launched Gen IV engines in GMT-900 SUV's
Romulus Engine employs nearly 900 people. Hourly employees are represented by UAW Local 163. The plant produces a variety of V6 and V8 engines that power GM full-size SUVs and pickups, including the Cadillac Escalade, GMC Denali, Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana. Romulus-built engines are also used for marine and industrial applications. Over 335,000 engines were produced in the 2009 calendar year. Historically, the plant has a long-standing reputation of quality, productivity and performance.