- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
GMPT Romulus Engine
General Motors Powertrain36880 Ecorse Rd.
Romulus, MI 48174, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 34.23||+0.25||+0.74%|
|OPEN = 34.02||HIGH = 34.44||LOW = 34|
Latest Financial News
Fortune - 15 hours ago
Recalls have not hurt our China business: GM president - CNBC.com
Latest Company News
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:25:05 -0700
By Mitch Phillips LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester United's succession planning for life after Alex Ferguson was left in tatters on Tuesday when manager David Moyes was sacked after 10 troubled months of failure and frustration at a club used to seamless success. Moyes, appointed with a six-year contract on the direction of retiring fellow-Scot Ferguson last July after 11 years at Everton, did not ...
- 4.3L V-6 (2009 CY produced – 54,237)
- Gen IV V-8 (2009 CY produced – 280,961)
- 2010: Gold Achievement award by the American Heart Association recognizing Romulus Engine for promoting employee health and fitness (also awarded in 2009)
- 2010: Occupational Excellence Achievement Award – National Safety Council
- 2009: Neighborhood Environmental Partners Program Award (also awarded in 2008)
- 2009: Clean Corporate Citizen Longevity Award (over 5 years in program)
- 2009: Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partner (MBP3)
- 2009: Quality Management System Assessment Recertified (TS 16949)
- 2008: Recertified Environmental Management System ISO 14001
- 2008: Wildlife Habitat Council "Wildlife at Work" Certification
- 1976: Started production for GM Detroit Diesel Engine Division
- 1986: Acquired by Chevrolet-Pontiac-Canada Group and began producing the 4.3L V6 gasoline engine.
- 1992: Selected to produce GM's third generation of V8 engines (Gen III)
- 1996: Started production of Gen III V-8 engines for C-5 Corvette
- 1998: Started production of Gen III V-8 engines for GMT-800 Trucks
- 2004: Began launch of Gen IV V8 engines (Active Fuel Management) for GMT-300 Trucks, while maintaining current production levels.
- 2005: Began conversion from cast iron to aluminum on one V8 block line, while maintaining current production levels.
- 2006: Launched Gen IV engines in GMT-900 SUV's