- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing3201 Fairfax Trafficway
Kansas City, KS 66115, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 37.31||-0.25||-0.67%|
|OPEN = 37.41||HIGH = 37.45||LOW = 37.11|
Latest Financial News
Bidness ETC - 15 hours ago
Latest Company News
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:13:36 -0800
By Edward Taylor and Jan Schwartz GENEVA (Reuters) - The main talking point at this week's Geneva car show is likely to be a vehicle that may never be built: the Apple car. The world's automakers will gather in the Swiss city to tout their latest minivans, city cars and sport utility vehicles against an uncertain market backdrop, with growing signs of recovery in Europe offset by slowing demand ...
- 2007 North America car of the Year: Saturn Aura
- 2008 North America car of the Year: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Segment Winner: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Bronze Winner: Fairfax Assembly
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Drive Car Reviews "Top Picks for 2009"
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse CanadianDriver.com - Top Picks Award
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick
- 2010 MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award Winner for "Best Luxury Sedan"
- 2010 Consumers Guide Best Buy and Recommendation Award
- 2010 MotherProof.com's Sedan of the Year
- 2010 About.com Car's Best New Cars of 2010
- 2010 North American Car of the Year finalist
- 2010 Edmunds.com's Most Recommended Vehicles
- 2010 Consumers Report "Recommended Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 2010 Consumers Digests "Best Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 1945 - GM leased the Fairfax 1 plant from the Federal government and converted operations from aviation to automobile production.
- 1952 - The Kansas City plant was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose facility producing automobiles and jet fighters in the same building.
- 1960 - GM purchased the plant for $4 million.
- 1985 - GM announced a new Fairfax 2 plant would be constructed
- 1987 - Grand Prix production began-won Motor Trend Car of the Year.
- 2003 - The plant shut down for 3 months to retool for the Malibu. Launched the Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $722 Million.
- 2005 - In August the 10 millionth car was produced from Fairfax 1 & 2
- 2006 - Launched the all-new Saturn Aura. Reinvestment of $651 Million.
- 2007 - Launched the all-new Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $208 Million.
- 2009 - Launched the all-new Buick LaCrosse. Reinvestment of $158 Million.
- 2010 - Investment announcement of new generation Malibu $136 million