- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing3201 Fairfax Trafficway
Kansas City, KS 66115, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18044
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 39.14659
Longitude = -94.610664
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 30.508||-0.212||-0.69%|
|OPEN = 30.57||HIGH = 30.7||LOW = 30.45|
Latest Financial News
Why General Motors Company Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
Motley Fool - Oct 26, 2014
Motley Fool - Oct 26, 2014
General Motors might not look like a Buffett stock on the surface, considering its bankruptcy woes during the Great Recession and the company's record-setting years for automotive recalls, but there's actually a lot there for Buffett to latch on to ...
Latest Company News
Gov't pushes air bag maker on replacement parts
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:00:41 -0700
The U.S. government's auto safety agency, responding to criticism of its slow response to safety issues, told the manufacturer of millions of potentially faulty air bags to make replacement parts faster ...
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
Stamping & Vehicle Assembly
Chevy Malibu & Buick LaCrosse
Manufacturing: 3,044,561 sq. ft.
187,948 sq. ft.
- 2007 North America car of the Year: Saturn Aura
- 2008 North America car of the Year: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Segment Winner: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Bronze Winner: Fairfax Assembly
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Drive Car Reviews "Top Picks for 2009"
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse CanadianDriver.com - Top Picks Award
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick
- 2010 MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award Winner for "Best Luxury Sedan"
- 2010 Consumers Guide Best Buy and Recommendation Award
- 2010 MotherProof.com's Sedan of the Year
- 2010 About.com Car's Best New Cars of 2010
- 2010 North American Car of the Year finalist
- 2010 Edmunds.com's Most Recommended Vehicles
- 2010 Consumers Report "Recommended Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 2010 Consumers Digests "Best Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 1945 - GM leased the Fairfax 1 plant from the Federal government and converted operations from aviation to automobile production.
- 1952 - The Kansas City plant was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose facility producing automobiles and jet fighters in the same building.
- 1960 - GM purchased the plant for $4 million.
- 1985 - GM announced a new Fairfax 2 plant would be constructed
- 1987 - Grand Prix production began-won Motor Trend Car of the Year.
- 2003 - The plant shut down for 3 months to retool for the Malibu. Launched the Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $722 Million.
- 2005 - In August the 10 millionth car was produced from Fairfax 1 & 2
- 2006 - Launched the all-new Saturn Aura. Reinvestment of $651 Million.
- 2007 - Launched the all-new Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $208 Million.
- 2009 - Launched the all-new Buick LaCrosse. Reinvestment of $158 Million.
- 2010 - Investment announcement of new generation Malibu $136 million