- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing3201 Fairfax Trafficway
Kansas City, KS 66115, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18044
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 39.14659
Longitude = -94.610664
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 33.7||-0.05||-0.15%|
|OPEN = 33.71||HIGH = 34.04||LOW = 33.6|
Latest Financial News
Better Buy: Ford vs. General Motors
Motley Fool - Jan 25, 2015
Motley Fool - Jan 25, 2015
Ford mortgaged everything it could in 2006 (including its famous blue oval logo) for a loan that would give then-new CEO Alan Mulally the resources he needed for a long-shot attempt at saving the company. Meanwhile, GM tried its own Hail Mary -- but it ...
Latest Company News
Final Glance: Autos companies
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:04:24 -0800
Shares of some top autos companies were mixed at the close of trading: Ford Motor Co. rose $.17 or 1.1 percent, to $15.08. General Motors Co. fell $.05 or .1 percent, to $33.70. Honda Motor Co. fell $.11 ...
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
Stamping & Vehicle Assembly
Chevy Malibu & Buick LaCrosse
Manufacturing: 3,044,561 sq. ft.
187,948 sq. ft.
- 2007 North America car of the Year: Saturn Aura
- 2008 North America car of the Year: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Segment Winner: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Bronze Winner: Fairfax Assembly
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Drive Car Reviews "Top Picks for 2009"
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse CanadianDriver.com - Top Picks Award
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick
- 2010 MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award Winner for "Best Luxury Sedan"
- 2010 Consumers Guide Best Buy and Recommendation Award
- 2010 MotherProof.com's Sedan of the Year
- 2010 About.com Car's Best New Cars of 2010
- 2010 North American Car of the Year finalist
- 2010 Edmunds.com's Most Recommended Vehicles
- 2010 Consumers Report "Recommended Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 2010 Consumers Digests "Best Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 1945 - GM leased the Fairfax 1 plant from the Federal government and converted operations from aviation to automobile production.
- 1952 - The Kansas City plant was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose facility producing automobiles and jet fighters in the same building.
- 1960 - GM purchased the plant for $4 million.
- 1985 - GM announced a new Fairfax 2 plant would be constructed
- 1987 - Grand Prix production began-won Motor Trend Car of the Year.
- 2003 - The plant shut down for 3 months to retool for the Malibu. Launched the Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $722 Million.
- 2005 - In August the 10 millionth car was produced from Fairfax 1 & 2
- 2006 - Launched the all-new Saturn Aura. Reinvestment of $651 Million.
- 2007 - Launched the all-new Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $208 Million.
- 2009 - Launched the all-new Buick LaCrosse. Reinvestment of $158 Million.
- 2010 - Investment announcement of new generation Malibu $136 million