- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing3201 Fairfax Trafficway
Kansas City, KS 66115, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18044
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 39.14659
Longitude = -94.610664
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 37.54||+0.02||+0.05%|
|OPEN = 37.86||HIGH = 38.05||LOW = 37.54|
Latest Financial News
A Call for General Motors to Fill Gaps in Safety Inquiry
New York Times - Mar 6, 2014
New York Times - Mar 6, 2014
Mary T. Barra, chief executive of G.M., said in an email to workers on Tuesday that the company would “do the right thing for our customers,” but on Wednesday company officials again declined to answer questions about the recall, the deadly accidents ...US Agency Demands Recall Data From General Motors - ABC News
Latest Company News
Final Glance: Autos companies
Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:07:23 -0800
Shares of some top autos companies were up at the close of trading: Ford Motor Co. rose $.04 or .3 percent, to $15.67. General Motors Co. rose $.02 or .1 percent, to $37.54. Honda Motor Co. rose $.38 or ...
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
Stamping & Vehicle Assembly
Chevy Malibu & Buick LaCrosse
Manufacturing: 3,044,561 sq. ft.
187,948 sq. ft.
- 2007 North America car of the Year: Saturn Aura
- 2008 North America car of the Year: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Segment Winner: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Bronze Winner: Fairfax Assembly
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Drive Car Reviews "Top Picks for 2009"
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse CanadianDriver.com - Top Picks Award
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick
- 2010 MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award Winner for "Best Luxury Sedan"
- 2010 Consumers Guide Best Buy and Recommendation Award
- 2010 MotherProof.com's Sedan of the Year
- 2010 About.com Car's Best New Cars of 2010
- 2010 North American Car of the Year finalist
- 2010 Edmunds.com's Most Recommended Vehicles
- 2010 Consumers Report "Recommended Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 2010 Consumers Digests "Best Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 1945 - GM leased the Fairfax 1 plant from the Federal government and converted operations from aviation to automobile production.
- 1952 - The Kansas City plant was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose facility producing automobiles and jet fighters in the same building.
- 1960 - GM purchased the plant for $4 million.
- 1985 - GM announced a new Fairfax 2 plant would be constructed
- 1987 - Grand Prix production began-won Motor Trend Car of the Year.
- 2003 - The plant shut down for 3 months to retool for the Malibu. Launched the Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $722 Million.
- 2005 - In August the 10 millionth car was produced from Fairfax 1 & 2
- 2006 - Launched the all-new Saturn Aura. Reinvestment of $651 Million.
- 2007 - Launched the all-new Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $208 Million.
- 2009 - Launched the all-new Buick LaCrosse. Reinvestment of $158 Million.
- 2010 - Investment announcement of new generation Malibu $136 million