- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing3201 Fairfax Trafficway
Kansas City, KS 66115, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 33.94||-0.09||-0.26%|
|OPEN = 34.23||HIGH = 34.24||LOW = 33.77|
Latest Financial News
The Detroit News - 22 hours ago
Cadillac Makes Big Plan to Woo Luxury Market - New York Times
Latest Company News
Sat, 20 Sep 2014 21:07:27 -0700
Tokyo (AFP) - A string of defections by top Nissan executives is reigniting longstanding questions about who will succeed chief executive Carlos Ghosn, the man widely credited with reinventing Japan's number-two automaker.
- 2007 North America car of the Year: Saturn Aura
- 2008 North America car of the Year: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Segment Winner: Chevy Malibu
- 2008 JD Power Bronze Winner: Fairfax Assembly
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Drive Car Reviews "Top Picks for 2009"
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse CanadianDriver.com - Top Picks Award
- 2009 Buick LaCrosse Named Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick
- 2010 MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Award Winner for "Best Luxury Sedan"
- 2010 Consumers Guide Best Buy and Recommendation Award
- 2010 MotherProof.com's Sedan of the Year
- 2010 About.com Car's Best New Cars of 2010
- 2010 North American Car of the Year finalist
- 2010 Edmunds.com's Most Recommended Vehicles
- 2010 Consumers Report "Recommended Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 2010 Consumers Digests "Best Buy" Malibu & LaCrosse
- 1945 - GM leased the Fairfax 1 plant from the Federal government and converted operations from aviation to automobile production.
- 1952 - The Kansas City plant was the first industrial facility to operate as a dual purpose facility producing automobiles and jet fighters in the same building.
- 1960 - GM purchased the plant for $4 million.
- 1985 - GM announced a new Fairfax 2 plant would be constructed
- 1987 - Grand Prix production began-won Motor Trend Car of the Year.
- 2003 - The plant shut down for 3 months to retool for the Malibu. Launched the Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $722 Million.
- 2005 - In August the 10 millionth car was produced from Fairfax 1 & 2
- 2006 - Launched the all-new Saturn Aura. Reinvestment of $651 Million.
- 2007 - Launched the all-new Chevy Malibu. Reinvestment of $208 Million.
- 2009 - Launched the all-new Buick LaCrosse. Reinvestment of $158 Million.
- 2010 - Investment announcement of new generation Malibu $136 million