- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain12200 Middlebelt Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 31.31||+0.47||+1.52%|
|OPEN = 30.61||HIGH = 31.505||LOW = 30.57|
Latest Financial News
Fast Company - 14 hours ago
Michigan Governor to Sign Bill to Ban Tesla Direct Sales - Businessweek
Latest Company News
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:55:56 -0700
By Ben Klayman DETROIT (Reuters) - U.S. safety regulators on Wednesday expanded the number of vehicles in the United States that may be affected by recalls for potentially defective Takata Corp air bags that could spray shrapnel at occupants. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said in a statement the number of vehicles from 10 automakers covered by recalls this year ...
- Northstar Engines
- 4.6L FWD (2009 CY produced 17,543)
- 4.6L RWD (2009 CY produced 2,323)
- Certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards in 2001 and recertified in May 2006.
- In 2002, the governor of Michigan recognized the Livonia Engine plant as a Clean Corporate Citizen (C3).
- 1971 - The plant was originally built as a component supplier to Cadillac
- 1984 - The plant became a part of Buick-Oldsmobile-Cadillac
- 1990 - The plant, through reorganization, became a part of the General Motors Engine Division (GMED)
- 1991 - January, the GMED plants were merged with the Hydra-matic Division to form the GM Powertrain Division
- 1992 - Began Production of 4.6L Northstar V8 Engine
- 1995 - Began Production of 4.0L Aurora V8 Engine
- 1999 - Began Production of 3.5L V6 Engine
- 2003 - Began Production of RWD V8 Engine