- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain12200 Middlebelt Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 32.62||-0.54||-1.63%|
|OPEN = 32.88||HIGH = 33.15||LOW = 32.62|
Latest Financial News
Dakota Financial News - Jan 31, 2015
Latest Company News
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 22:39:01 -0800
By Norihiko Shirouzu BEIJING (Reuters) - General Motors and Chinese partner SAIC Motor Corp will soon announce a joint push into Indonesia, using their no-frills Wuling brand to establish a beachhead in Southeast Asia’s biggest market and from there tackle other markets in the region. They have already made moves to purchase a property in an industrial district on the outskirts of Jakarta ...
- Northstar Engines
- 4.6L FWD (2009 CY produced 17,543)
- 4.6L RWD (2009 CY produced 2,323)
- Certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards in 2001 and recertified in May 2006.
- In 2002, the governor of Michigan recognized the Livonia Engine plant as a Clean Corporate Citizen (C3).
- 1971 - The plant was originally built as a component supplier to Cadillac
- 1984 - The plant became a part of Buick-Oldsmobile-Cadillac
- 1990 - The plant, through reorganization, became a part of the General Motors Engine Division (GMED)
- 1991 - January, the GMED plants were merged with the Hydra-matic Division to form the GM Powertrain Division
- 1992 - Began Production of 4.6L Northstar V8 Engine
- 1995 - Began Production of 4.0L Aurora V8 Engine
- 1999 - Began Production of 3.5L V6 Engine
- 2003 - Began Production of RWD V8 Engine