- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain12200 Middlebelt Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 34.39||+0.16||+0.47%|
|OPEN = 34.36||HIGH = 34.61||LOW = 34.102|
Latest Financial News
New York Times - Apr 23, 2014
GM seeks US court protection against ignition lawsuits - Reuters
Latest Company News
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:32:25 -0700
Tokyo – Toyota kept its position at the top in global vehicle sales for the first quarter of this year, outpacing rivals General Motors and Volkswagen. Toyota Motor Corp. said Wednesday that it sold 2.583 million vehicles in the January-March period, ahead of Detroit-based GM at 2.42 million and Volkswagen of Germany at 2.4 million. GM’s sales grew 2 percent, while Volkswagen’s added nearly 6 ...
- Northstar Engines
- 4.6L FWD (2009 CY produced 17,543)
- 4.6L RWD (2009 CY produced 2,323)
- Certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards in 2001 and recertified in May 2006.
- In 2002, the governor of Michigan recognized the Livonia Engine plant as a Clean Corporate Citizen (C3).
- 1971 - The plant was originally built as a component supplier to Cadillac
- 1984 - The plant became a part of Buick-Oldsmobile-Cadillac
- 1990 - The plant, through reorganization, became a part of the General Motors Engine Division (GMED)
- 1991 - January, the GMED plants were merged with the Hydra-matic Division to form the GM Powertrain Division
- 1992 - Began Production of 4.6L Northstar V8 Engine
- 1995 - Began Production of 4.0L Aurora V8 Engine
- 1999 - Began Production of 3.5L V6 Engine
- 2003 - Began Production of RWD V8 Engine