- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain12200 Middlebelt Rd.
Livonia, MI 48150, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 37.31||-0.25||-0.67%|
|OPEN = 37.41||HIGH = 37.45||LOW = 37.11|
Latest Financial News
Bidness ETC - 4 hours ago
Latest Company News
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 10:13:36 -0800
By Edward Taylor and Jan Schwartz GENEVA (Reuters) - The main talking point at this week's Geneva car show is likely to be a vehicle that may never be built: the Apple car. The world's automakers will gather in the Swiss city to tout their latest minivans, city cars and sport utility vehicles against an uncertain market backdrop, with growing signs of recovery in Europe offset by slowing demand ...
- Northstar Engines
- 4.6L FWD (2009 CY produced 17,543)
- 4.6L RWD (2009 CY produced 2,323)
- Certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standards in 2001 and recertified in May 2006.
- In 2002, the governor of Michigan recognized the Livonia Engine plant as a Clean Corporate Citizen (C3).
- 1971 - The plant was originally built as a component supplier to Cadillac
- 1984 - The plant became a part of Buick-Oldsmobile-Cadillac
- 1990 - The plant, through reorganization, became a part of the General Motors Engine Division (GMED)
- 1991 - January, the GMED plants were merged with the Hydra-matic Division to form the GM Powertrain Division
- 1992 - Began Production of 4.6L Northstar V8 Engine
- 1995 - Began Production of 4.0L Aurora V8 Engine
- 1999 - Began Production of 3.5L V6 Engine
- 2003 - Began Production of RWD V8 Engine