- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
GMVM Detroit / HamTramck
General Motors Vehicle Manufacturing2500 E Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48211, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 37.76||0.00||0.00%|
|OPEN = 0||HIGH = 0||LOW = 0|
Latest Financial News
Bidness Etc - 2 hours ago
Latest Company News
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 05:19:18 -0700
By Yoko Kubota and Maki Shiraki TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan is readying subsidies to help Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> and key suppliers take the lead in hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles that could top $400 million over the next several years if the most bullish projections for the technology play out. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's planned consumer rebates of at least $20,000 per vehicle would be the ...
- 2010 JD Power Initial Quality Survey (IQS) - Lucerne - Large Car (Silver)
- 2010 JD Power Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) - Detroit-Hamtramck - 1st Place Plant / Lowest Problems per Hundred; DTS - 1st place
- 2010 Consumer Reports - Recommended Buy - Lucerne
- 2009 Consumer Reports - Recommended Buy - Lucerne
- 2009 NHTSA 5-Star Frontal Crash Rating, Driver &: Passenger - Lucerne
- 2009 NHTSA 5-Star Rollover Crash Rating - Lucerne
- 2008 Consumer Reports - American Top Pick, Upscale Sedan - Lucerne
- 2008 Business Week - Best Winter Cars - Lucerne
- 2008 Consumer Reports - Recommended Buy - Lucerne
- 2008 Wildlife Habitat Council Site Recognition Award
- 2008 J. D. Power Bronze Segment Award - DTS
- 2008 Motorist Choice Award - DTS
- 2008 J. D. Power 4th Place Plant (2nd GM)
General Motors Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Center is co-located in Detroit and Hamtramck Michigan. Comprising a large part of the business community in Hamtramck and being the only GM plant in Detroit, the plant is a regular part of each city's landscape. It is home to the only cemetery in Hamtramck, a historical site dating back to 1863. The plant also is the proud home to a 16.5-acre wildlife habitat conservation area that has received recognition from both the Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) and Pheasants Forever.
Detroit-Hamtramck operates on one shift with production of 290 products per day, on a four day a week, ten hour per day schedule. In addition to consumer brand vehicles, employees also build professional vehicles, such as limousines (standard and Presidential, with President Barack Obama the recipient of the most recent Presidential Cadillac limousine), hearse, livery, armored and Mary Kay Pink Cadillac's.