- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain26427 State Route 281
Defiance, OH 43512, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 65040
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 41.380856
Longitude = -84.524906
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 32.62||-0.54||-1.63%|
|OPEN = 32.88||HIGH = 33.15||LOW = 32.62|
Latest Financial News
General Motors Suspends Production at Russian Plant Citing Volatile Ruble
The Moscow Times - Jan 30, 2015
The Moscow Times - Jan 30, 2015
General Motors Co will suspend production at its St. Petersburg auto assembly plant in Russia from mid-March to mid-May and is raising prices for its products because of the weak and volatile Russian ruble, a company spokesman said Thursday.GM to suspend production at its Russian plant for two months - Reuters
Latest Company News
US stocks fall on fear of strong dollar, Greek turmoil
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:36:21 -0800
New York (AFP) - Strong earnings from Apple, Boeing and some others were not enough this week to offset Wall Street angst over the strong dollar, crashing oil prices and the Greek election.
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
Clutch Housings, Clutch Supports, Drive Sprockets, Parking Gears, Clutch Hubs, Internal Reaction Gears, Stator Shafts, Reaction Gear Carriers, Internal Gears, Final Drive Gears, Cylinder Blocks and Heads and Crankshafts
- Plant 1: Built in 1948, 1,099,032 sq ft
- Plant 2 West: Built in 1965, 576,519 sq. ft.
- Lost Foam Aluminum: Built in 2001, 316,379 sq. ft.
The first iron was poured at the Defiance Plant on August 23, 1948. From 1948 through 1991, the foundry was part of General Motors Central Foundry Division. During strategic restructuring, Central Foundry became part of the new GM Powertrain group.
Recent Major Investments
- GM announced, in 2007, a $61 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings at Defiance.
- GM made, in 2008, a $26 million investment to produce Family 0 components to support Voltec and Turbo engines for the Chevrolet Cruze.
- GM announced in Feb. 2010, a $60 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings to support the new Ecotec Engine program.
- GM announced in April 2010, a $115 million investment to produce a new generation of fuel efficient small block truck and car engine components. The investment includes the addition of precision sand casting and retains up to 189 jobs.
1.9 Million sq. ft.
- Winner of 2008 AFL-CIO Labor-Management Award
- Ohio State Energy Plan Grant - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Targeting Industry Efficiency Program
The first iron was poured at the Defiance Plant on August 23, 1948. Two additional facilities were added in 1965 and 2001 to support increased volume and product lines. Since the UAW Local 211 was granted certification on December 31, 1948, they have played an active role in the success of the Defiance Plant by helping to ensure a safe and healthy workplace - our union and management partnership is the reason for our continued success. For more than 60 years, the people of the Defiance Plant have been committed to providing quality castings to General Motors transmission, engine and components plants as well as our external customers. The products built in Defiance are shipped to Spring Hill, TN; Moraine, OH; Willow Run, Flint Component, Flint Engine South and Romulus, MI; Tonawanda, NY; Toluca, Silao, and Ramos Arizpe, Mexico; Windsor and St. Catharines, Canada; Norton Manufacturing, Fostoria, OH; Transgear, Ontario, Canada and Linamar de Mexico.