- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain26427 State Route 281
Defiance, OH 43512, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 30.04||-0.89||-2.88%|
|OPEN = 31.03||HIGH = 31.28||LOW = 29.98|
Latest Financial News
Investorplace.com - Oct 23, 2014
Latest Company News
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:35:18 -0700
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Transportation Department will conduct an internal review of U.S. auto safety regulators in response to a series of safety lapses, including this week's reports of defective air bags, a senior administration official said on Saturday. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the review of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration would look at ...
- Plant 1: Built in 1948, 1,099,032 sq ft
- Plant 2 West: Built in 1965, 576,519 sq. ft.
- Lost Foam Aluminum: Built in 2001, 316,379 sq. ft.
- GM announced, in 2007, a $61 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings at Defiance.
- GM made, in 2008, a $26 million investment to produce Family 0 components to support Voltec and Turbo engines for the Chevrolet Cruze.
- GM announced in Feb. 2010, a $60 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings to support the new Ecotec Engine program.
- GM announced in April 2010, a $115 million investment to produce a new generation of fuel efficient small block truck and car engine components. The investment includes the addition of precision sand casting and retains up to 189 jobs.
- Winner of 2008 AFL-CIO Labor-Management Award
- Ohio State Energy Plan Grant - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Targeting Industry Efficiency Program