- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain26427 State Route 281
Defiance, OH 43512, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 35.79||-1.62||-4.33%|
|OPEN = 36.67||HIGH = 36.85||LOW = 35.75|
Latest Financial News
New York Times - 21 hours ago
Total Recall: GM At It Again - Bidness Etc
Latest Company News
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:31:10 -0700
By Caroline Valetkevitch NEW YORK (Reuters) - Global stock markets edged higher while U.S. debt prices fell on Thursday following unexpectedly low U.S. weekly jobless claims and stronger-than-expected U.S. earnings. The benchmark S&P 500 index hit a record high for a third straight day, buoyed by data showing initial jobless claims in the world's largest economy dropped to their lowest in more ...
- Plant 1: Built in 1948, 1,099,032 sq ft
- Plant 2 West: Built in 1965, 576,519 sq. ft.
- Lost Foam Aluminum: Built in 2001, 316,379 sq. ft.
- GM announced, in 2007, a $61 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings at Defiance.
- GM made, in 2008, a $26 million investment to produce Family 0 components to support Voltec and Turbo engines for the Chevrolet Cruze.
- GM announced in Feb. 2010, a $60 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings to support the new Ecotec Engine program.
- GM announced in April 2010, a $115 million investment to produce a new generation of fuel efficient small block truck and car engine components. The investment includes the addition of precision sand casting and retains up to 189 jobs.
- Winner of 2008 AFL-CIO Labor-Management Award
- Ohio State Energy Plan Grant - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Targeting Industry Efficiency Program