- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain26427 State Route 281
Defiance, OH 43512, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 65040
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 41.380856
Longitude = -84.524906
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 30.34||+0.10||+0.33%|
|OPEN = 30.22||HIGH = 30.52||LOW = 30.02|
Latest Financial News
Will General Motors (GM) Miss Earnings this Season?
Zacks.com - 11 hours ago
Zacks.com - 11 hours ago
However, General Motors has been facing the brunt of a delayed recall involving 2.6 million vehicles with defective ignition switches.Will General Motors (GM) Miss Earnings this Season? - Analyst Blog - NASDAQ
Latest Company News
Japan air bag maker Takata plunges 16% on US recall
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:43:37 -0700
Shares in air bag maker Takata plunged 16 percent in Tokyo on Tuesday, after US authorities urged owners of vehicles with defective air bags made by the firm to seek repairs.
This company is affiliated with...
Employees - Hourly
Employees - Salary
Clutch Housings, Clutch Supports, Drive Sprockets, Parking Gears, Clutch Hubs, Internal Reaction Gears, Stator Shafts, Reaction Gear Carriers, Internal Gears, Final Drive Gears, Cylinder Blocks and Heads and Crankshafts
- Plant 1: Built in 1948, 1,099,032 sq ft
- Plant 2 West: Built in 1965, 576,519 sq. ft.
- Lost Foam Aluminum: Built in 2001, 316,379 sq. ft.
The first iron was poured at the Defiance Plant on August 23, 1948. From 1948 through 1991, the foundry was part of General Motors Central Foundry Division. During strategic restructuring, Central Foundry became part of the new GM Powertrain group.
Recent Major Investments
- GM announced, in 2007, a $61 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings at Defiance.
- GM made, in 2008, a $26 million investment to produce Family 0 components to support Voltec and Turbo engines for the Chevrolet Cruze.
- GM announced in Feb. 2010, a $60 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings to support the new Ecotec Engine program.
- GM announced in April 2010, a $115 million investment to produce a new generation of fuel efficient small block truck and car engine components. The investment includes the addition of precision sand casting and retains up to 189 jobs.
1.9 Million sq. ft.
- Winner of 2008 AFL-CIO Labor-Management Award
- Ohio State Energy Plan Grant - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Targeting Industry Efficiency Program
The first iron was poured at the Defiance Plant on August 23, 1948. Two additional facilities were added in 1965 and 2001 to support increased volume and product lines. Since the UAW Local 211 was granted certification on December 31, 1948, they have played an active role in the success of the Defiance Plant by helping to ensure a safe and healthy workplace - our union and management partnership is the reason for our continued success. For more than 60 years, the people of the Defiance Plant have been committed to providing quality castings to General Motors transmission, engine and components plants as well as our external customers. The products built in Defiance are shipped to Spring Hill, TN; Moraine, OH; Willow Run, Flint Component, Flint Engine South and Romulus, MI; Tonawanda, NY; Toluca, Silao, and Ramos Arizpe, Mexico; Windsor and St. Catharines, Canada; Norton Manufacturing, Fostoria, OH; Transgear, Ontario, Canada and Linamar de Mexico.