- Facility / Union Locator
- Local News
- General Motors
General Motors Powertrain26427 State Route 281
Defiance, OH 43512, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
|CURRENT = 32.95||-0.48||N/A|
|OPEN = 33.34||HIGH = 33.63||LOW = 32.79|
Latest Financial News
Seeking Alpha - 15 hours ago
What the Model X Tells Us About Tesla Motors' Strengths and Weaknesses - Motley Fool
Latest Company News
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:03:27 -0800
Shares of some top autos companies were up at the close of trading: Ford Motor Co. rose $.22 or 1.4 percent, to $16.43. General Motors Co. rose $.32 or .9 percent, to $37.51. Honda Motor Co. rose $.12 ...
- Plant 1: Built in 1948, 1,099,032 sq ft
- Plant 2 West: Built in 1965, 576,519 sq. ft.
- Lost Foam Aluminum: Built in 2001, 316,379 sq. ft.
- GM announced, in 2007, a $61 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings at Defiance.
- GM made, in 2008, a $26 million investment to produce Family 0 components to support Voltec and Turbo engines for the Chevrolet Cruze.
- GM announced in Feb. 2010, a $60 million investment to produce Precision Sand castings to support the new Ecotec Engine program.
- GM announced in April 2010, a $115 million investment to produce a new generation of fuel efficient small block truck and car engine components. The investment includes the addition of precision sand casting and retains up to 189 jobs.
- Winner of 2008 AFL-CIO Labor-Management Award
- Ohio State Energy Plan Grant - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Targeting Industry Efficiency Program