- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
GMPT Flint South
General Motors Powertrain2100 W Bristol Rd.
Flint, MI 48507, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18192
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 42.97375
Longitude = -83.715544
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 32.62||-0.54||-1.63%|
|OPEN = 32.88||HIGH = 33.15||LOW = 32.62|
Latest Financial News
General Motors Suspends Production at Russian Plant Citing Volatile Ruble
The Moscow Times - 9 hours ago
The Moscow Times - 9 hours ago
General Motors Co will suspend production at its St. Petersburg auto assembly plant in Russia from mid-March to mid-May and is raising prices for its products because of the weak and volatile Russian ruble, a company spokesman said Thursday.GM to suspend production at its Russian plant for two months - Reuters
Latest Company News
Honda cuts profit forecast as airbag recall dents bottom line
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:16:58 -0800
Tokyo (AFP) - Honda cut its full-year profit forecast on Friday as the Japanese automaker grapples with soaring recall costs, including from an exploding airbag crisis linked to at least five deaths.
HFV6 - Employees - Hourly
HFV6 - Employees - Salary
1.4L - Employees - Hourly
1.4L - Employees - Salary
3.6 Liter (High Feature) V6 VVT - Dual Overhead Cam aluminum block, variable valve timing (VVT), now available with Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) technology for greater performance, improved fuel economy and lower emissions. Used in the GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Traverse, Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS and STS. In early 2011, the facility will begin production of the 1.4-liter engine for the Chevrolet Cruze and, at a later date, a 1.4-liter engine generator for the Chevrolet Volt.
2009 CY Production Totals
- 3.6 L (High Feature) V6 - 136,641
- Vortec 3.7 Inline 5 – 13,811 (Production ended June 2009)
$138.3 million (November 2010) to expand production of 1.4-liter engines for the Chevy Volt and Cruze, as well as a future small Chevy car to be built in Michigan. $250 million (February 2009) to build 1.4-liter engines for the Chevy Cruze and Volt.
1,165,212 sq. ft.
- ISO 14001 Certified (Environmental Certification)
- TS 16949 Certified (Quality Certification)
- Was first GM Powertrain plant to go "Landfill Free." Zero plant waste sent to landfills since March, 2005.
- 2007 Harbour Report ranked the 4.2L I6 engine #1 in segment for productivity and 5th overall (based on 06 performances)
- 2008 Harbour Report ranked the 4.2L I6 engine #1 in segment for productivity and 5th overall (based on 07 performances)
- 4.2 liter I-6 VVT was named a WARDS TEN BEST Engine eight years consecutively (2002 through 2005)
- 2007 - Plant produces GM's first Spark Ignition Direct Injection V6 engines, launched in 2008 Cadillac STS & CTS
- 2008 - Our Flint South 3.6 liter V6 VVT with SIDI powers the Motor Trend Car of the Year Cadillac CTS
- 2008 AND 2009 - 3.6 liter V6 VVT with SIDI named one of WARDS TEN BEST ENGINES in the world for 2008 and 2009 respectively