- Facility / Union Locator
- Submit a Location
- Industry News
- Local News
- General Motors
GMPT Flint South
General Motors Powertrain2100 W Bristol Rd.
Flint, MI 48507, USA
- Verified Good
- Verified Bad
General Motors - Cisco 18192
Latitude / Longitude
Latitude = 42.97375
Longitude = -83.715544
General Motors - Current Stock Price
Ticker Symbol - GM
|CURRENT = 32.87||+0.02||+0.06%|
|OPEN = 32.52||HIGH = 33||LOW = 32.51|
Latest Financial News
The definitive sign GM is firing on all cylinders
Fortune (blog) - 10 hours ago
Fortune (blog) - 10 hours ago
FORTUNE -- General Motors Co.'s decision to move its treasury staff to Detroit from its historic home in New York is another sign of the automaker's restructuring as well as a subtle shift from a management philosophy that helped GM rule in an earlier ...
Latest Company News
Final Glance: Autos companies
Fri, 24 May 2013 15:03:24 -0700
Shares of some top autos companies were mixed at the close of trading: Ford Motor Co. fell $.02 or .1 percent, to $14.79. General Motors Co. rose $.02 or .1 percent, to $32.87. Honda Motor Co. fell $.84 ...
HFV6 - Employees - Hourly
HFV6 - Employees - Salary
1.4L - Employees - Hourly
1.4L - Employees - Salary
3.6 Liter (High Feature) V6 VVT - Dual Overhead Cam aluminum block, variable valve timing (VVT), now available with Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) technology for greater performance, improved fuel economy and lower emissions. Used in the GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Traverse, Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS and STS. In early 2011, the facility will begin production of the 1.4-liter engine for the Chevrolet Cruze and, at a later date, a 1.4-liter engine generator for the Chevrolet Volt.
2009 CY Production Totals
- 3.6 L (High Feature) V6 - 136,641
- Vortec 3.7 Inline 5 – 13,811 (Production ended June 2009)
$138.3 million (November 2010) to expand production of 1.4-liter engines for the Chevy Volt and Cruze, as well as a future small Chevy car to be built in Michigan. $250 million (February 2009) to build 1.4-liter engines for the Chevy Cruze and Volt.
1,165,212 sq. ft.
- ISO 14001 Certified (Environmental Certification)
- TS 16949 Certified (Quality Certification)
- Was first GM Powertrain plant to go "Landfill Free." Zero plant waste sent to landfills since March, 2005.
- 2007 Harbour Report ranked the 4.2L I6 engine #1 in segment for productivity and 5th overall (based on 06 performances)
- 2008 Harbour Report ranked the 4.2L I6 engine #1 in segment for productivity and 5th overall (based on 07 performances)
- 4.2 liter I-6 VVT was named a WARDS TEN BEST Engine eight years consecutively (2002 through 2005)
- 2007 - Plant produces GM's first Spark Ignition Direct Injection V6 engines, launched in 2008 Cadillac STS & CTS
- 2008 - Our Flint South 3.6 liter V6 VVT with SIDI powers the Motor Trend Car of the Year Cadillac CTS
- 2008 AND 2009 - 3.6 liter V6 VVT with SIDI named one of WARDS TEN BEST ENGINES in the world for 2008 and 2009 respectively
Be the first to add information